Dwarf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our clan!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest Weapons Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

Quest Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:04 am

Weapons Guide

Recommended Guns:

Machine Gun - The best weapon you're going to find for quest. While it is rarely seen out of the sprayer deathmatch for match games, it finds a nice home in quest. 120 rounds per clip and 2 clips. Picking up an ammo drop will completely refill 120 shots for the machine gun. While it is very inaccurate at any real range, it is fine for fending off mobs and you'll never need to reload. Personally I recommend never reloading. I always keep a fresh 120 round clip unused in case all my teammates die, since ammo drops can be scarce when you really need them. Use your first clip and just pick up a drop when you see it or switch to your second weapon/melee when you run out of ammo unless you absolutely have to.

Rifle - The most accurate weapon you'll find, fastest too. It's lighter than a machine gun, making it more portable as a secondary weapon. The problem is you have to reload it and you only have 40 shots to a clip. At lower levels you may have to rely on it. As for a second weapon behind a machine gun, this is a great way to go.

Revolvers - Also accurate, and powerful. They cut through HP between 70% and 90% directly to HP, ignoring armor. You can kill any of the lower monsters like goblins or mages in two hits if you HIT. Hyshka and I tested dual-revolvers on Superion, and while it took the two of us a long time to beat Superion (low ammo count), we did kill him when he had 1/4 of his health bar left. He had a lot of AP left when we killed him, but the revolvers went straight to work on his HP. These are the most common weapons to be used dual. Dual-Revolvers + reload shot will end most mobs chasing you quickly. Their limit clip size means you can't afford to miss, and they are slow so you need to dodge while you fire. Once you go back to match games after using revolvers in quest extensively, you'll notice your aim has significantly improved.
Mediocre Guns:

Sub-Machine Guns - Like a machine gun, only with lower clip size. They are faster than a machine gun and often more damaging, but you'll need to reload often and can't take advantage of ammo drops as easily. They are also wildly inaccurate mid range and up.

Pistols - Accurate and fast, but low clip size and damage doesn't make me a fan of them. You'll run out of bullets faster with these guns than any other weapons, which when there are still half the monsters left alive isn't a particularly useful thing.

Rockets - These serve one real purpose that can be easily accomplished by a well placed grenade. Rockets are only good against mobs. 50 damage on one monster is pointless due to the rocket's low clip size and ammo count. However, if you have the job of distracting large groups, rockets become useful. Hitting 12 monsters for 50 damage is worth it. I still wouldn't recommend losing any armor over carrying one of these and not using one unless your job is to distract.
Abysmal Gun:

Shotgun - The only abysmal weapon to use in quest. Low ammo, inaccurate at range, and dealing most damage to armor means it'll take between two and three point-blanks to kill a monster, even using higher level shotguns. While shotguns are wonderful for taking on one opponent in a match game for very high damage, against 38 or 44 monsters you'll run out of ammo before it makes any difference.
Melee Weapons:

You have two choices, dagger or sword (kodachis are lumped in there but discouraged due to weight). Daggers are much lighter, but you can't block or butterfly, making fighting large groups harder. However, bosses like superion can be stunned when hit with a melee weapon. Since a dagger doesn't have an extended animation like a sword, it's quicker and easier. Staying on the ground makes you able to be hit by other monsters, but if you miss a step on your butterfly you can be hit just as hard.

Just read it if you can be bothered, i know its quite long, but useful as well!

Also, i found this on some other forums, so credits to whoever made it! XD

Edited: Credits to Hesacon (who made this)

Last edited by Lemollin on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dwarf.darkbb.com
Top Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:52 am

rifle is good, its high accuracy, but there is no second rifle that have the simillar damage as the lvl 58 one silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/pang_joseph
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 am

MG will be the best for quests, No Doubt Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Rockey
Clan Member
Rockey

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:25 am

theres another thread with same thing..
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/Jackolicious
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:51 pm

Really Question Question Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hesacon

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:44 am

This was written to me. While it's not a huge deal, I'd rather not have someone else take credit for my hard work.

http://darkstorm.villanousity.com/quest.shtml

Credit would be nice if you're going to steal my work.
Back to top Go down
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 am

Errr ~ is that really u who made it Question
Back to top Go down
Hesacon

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:54 am

Yes. And I don't appreciate people stealing my work without giving me credit. I don't care if I'm not in Dwarf, it gives you no right to take my work.
Back to top Go down
KuroBlack
Core Admin
KuroBlack

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:58 pm

LOL! You go Hesacon. Your bad Lemo. But Hesacon, Lemo didnt know who it was. Since if he couldn't know who made it, How can he say its your credit? But no worries, im sure Lemo will Edit it.
Back to top Go down
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 pm

And btw ~ i did give credits ~ but since i dunno who made this ~ i wrote:

Lemollin wrote:
Also, i found this on some other forums, so credits to whoever made it! XD

Isnt that good enough Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
KuroBlack
Core Admin
KuroBlack

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:14 am

Maybe we should just give credits to him. I'll like to have my credits too if it was me.
Back to top Go down
Lemollin
Clan Leader
Lemollin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 am

Edited Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest Weapons Guide   Quest Weapons Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest Weapons Guide
Page 1 of 1